For readers around the globe. :)

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

Let me start out by saying "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations." That quote right there describes the entire book. When I started The Fault in Our Stars, I didn't know it was about cancer kids. I thought it was going to be one big teenage sob story, but it wasn't. Hazel is not like the normal teenager, she wheels around her breathing cart, Philip, and obviously cannot do most teenage things. However, she does go to the Cancer Support Group, to "live the best life today!" It's a drag most of the time. She speaks in sighs with her acquaintance, Isaac. Then she meets Augustus Waters, one of Isaac's friends. Of course they fall in love. But the steps they take together makes up the whole book. The three of them have different forms of cancer. Isaac eventually has to have his eyes removed, becoming permanently blind. Hazel has water in her lungs. And Augustus has a fake leg. Hazel and Augustus are two very bright teenagers. Using Augustus's only wish, they travel to Amsterdam to visit an author. The trip wasn't a total bust, but quite unexpected. I would continue on, but my tears are starting to cloud my vision. Fabulous book, almost any age can read it, just please pick up a copy as soon as you can!

THE MOVIE TRAILER IS HERE!! Took me forever to find, so I'll just make it easy for all of my readers. :)
Click this link to watch!!

Others by John Green:
Looking for Alaska
Paper Towns
Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Turtles All the Way Down 

No comments:

Post a Comment