For readers around the globe. :)

Sunday, September 13, 2020

My Daddy is a Hero


There are no words to express how horrific it was reading the exact details of Chris Watts murdering his entire family; reading that Chris felt ANGRY as he realized his children were still alive after his first attempt at murdering them, that baby Nico was expelled from his mothers body. That Chris legitimately tossed his entire family out like trash.

I started my journey with Chris Watts by reading The Perfect Father by John Glatt. He worked directly with the Watts family while writing the book, as they were the only family who agreed to speak with him. His writing was vastly different from Lena Derhally's My Daddy is a Hero.
 
This book took a psychological approach to the Watts Family Murders.
It detailed the events leading up to the crime, the marital struggles, the affair, the lost love. But what I found most interesting was the psychological break down of Chris's personality that was included at the end of the book. Now, I don't totally agree with some of what Derhally outlines for possible personality disorders, but some of it actually makes a good bit of sense.
 
 I definitely think this was an informative, unique approach to understanding people like Chris Watts who seem to just snap. He went from nice, loving, family man to a cold-hearted family annihilator in less than six weeks. I would highly recommending reading both My Daddy is a Hero and The Perfect Father as reading them together gives a more in depth perspective of how this tragedy came about.

Looking for other books on Chris Watts?

No comments:

Post a Comment