For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Mr. Monster

I am FLYING through this series!!
After reading I Am Not a Serial Killer, I was a little skeptical to start Mr. Monster because of the weird supernatural turn it took. 
That being said, I LOVED Mr. Monster!!
It's not as supernatural (spoiler alert the killers are all still demons) but there is still the supernatural aspect to it. However, this one was much more believable. Not to mention names, but the new demon is different from Mr. Crowley. He can still body jump, but his powers are different. He feeds off of the emotions of others. He can feel their fear, sadness, anger, anticipation. But that doesn't mean he can't be defeated. Once John realizes what he has to do, he knows exactly how to stop the demon. He just can't let anything, or anyone, get in the way of what he needs to do. He can't let Mr. Monster totally take over, but he definitely needs him for the task.

There is one thing that I want to point out though. 
The first 150 pages are SO repetitive. I'm not sure if it was like this because it was bringing everyone back up to speed from the first book, or if it was just repeating to get us into John's mindset.
I honestly don't know but don't let it sway you from the rest of the book, I promise it's worth it.

Looking for the rest of the series?

No comments:

Post a Comment