For readers around the globe. :)

Friday, August 21, 2015

Elsewhere

Today I found a copy of a book that I read many, many years ago. Elsewhere definitely keeps a place warm in my heart. Now it's been quite a few years since I've read this, so bear with me. This novel is what sparked my interest in reincarnation and made my mother incredibly upset. 
Elsewhere starts with Liz. Liz is the victim of a hit and run and takes some time to process that she is actually dead. She arrives in the afterlife greeted by a grandmother that died before she was born but looks so, so young. The rundown in the afterlife, or Elsewhere if you will, is that after death you begin aging backwards. If you die at 27, you spend 27 years Elsewhere before being shipped down S.S. Nile to be born again and start your new life. Honestly, I don't remember the specifics of this novel, but I know 12 year old me loved it. Hopefully I'll have a chance to re-read this to share with all of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment