For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, October 1, 2022

None of This Rocks

Okay, listen.
I'm a little biased when it comes to Fall Out Boy.
I saw them on tour with their Infinity on High album when I was 12, and again on their American Beauty/American Psycho tour when I was 19, and again this past May at 26. They're literally my favorite band of all time and my little emo heart skips a beat every time I hear their music.

Joe Trohman markets himself as "the other guy" in Fall Out Boy. There's Patrick, Pete, Andy, and the other one. But I am hardly joking when I say I spent my teen years obsessing over Joe's curly ass hair (literally my weakness).

Joe talks about his childhood, his time with the band, and even discovering himself through other artistic venues. He talks about life on the road, and life as a parent. He even lets us in on his all too relatable struggles with mental health and addiction.

The story itself is a little scattered but it felt like a conversation between friends where one just goes off on a tangent and the other just follows along. It was honest and relatable, even if he is a rockstar. It was incredibly interesting to read about their work on FOB albums. I've always considered myself a die hard fan and was shocked to hear that some of my favorite albums are the ones other fans considered flops. Folie is still in my top 3 favorite albums and I can't believe other people might not like it. Joe even talks about their debut EP/album, An Evening Out with Your Girlfriend and how it should never be spoken of again. But honestly, it's still strong. I listened to their E N T I R E discography while reading the book and honestly, it was so enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment