For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Secret Keeper

The fabulous Jane Alvey Harris has written a PHENOMENAL addition to the My Myth Trilogy!
In book one, Riven, we meet Emily, her family, her friends, and all those in the Third Realm. We see her struggle with a variety of issues that ultimately land her in a rehab/psych ward.
 But in Secret Keeper.. oh man, Emily grows.
Reading her story as it unfolds and hearing all the things she's learning about herself is actually incredibly hard for me to explain. Jane does such an amazing job of portraying a real character with real flaws, who is going through something that happens far more often than it should. Emily is relatable, not because we've gone through the same experiences, but because she's feeling emotions that we all feel.

On another note, this book deals with a wide variety of mental health issues such as PTSD, depression, and victimization; not to mention the stigma that comes with each of those struggles. But each aspect of these illnesses are so perfectly described for the given situations. As a psych major, I can definitely tell the amount of research and knowledge put into this book and I'm so beyond grateful that Jane sent me a copy!
I loved Riven. 
I loved Secret Keeper.
And I'm bound to love Primed as well. 

I hope all of you will pick up these fantastic reads!

Looking for the series??

Want to know more about Jane?

No comments:

Post a Comment