For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Family of Liars

Ahhhh, elitism at it's finest.

I keep hearing about this 'tiktok phenomenon' surrounding the book We Were Liars. I don't know if that's the reason Family of Liars was published, but I'd be a-okay with that fact.

We all know the twist in We Were Liars, so I'm not really going to recap it here. But I will say, Family of Liars is written sooooo much better. It's set 27 years earlier on the exact same private island. We know the Sinclair Family is filled with liars, but it seems like they're really just trying to protect their own. The story is told through the eyes of Carrie, the oldest sibling in the original Sinclair Family. She happens to be Johnny's mom, so her story really sheds some light on the bizarre happenings on the island.

It's kind of exactly what I was expecting but better.

Huge thanks to NetGalley and Delacorte Press for sending me an e-ARC!

Family of Liars by E. Lockhart comes out May 3, 2022!!

Looking for other books by E. Lockhart?

No comments:

Post a Comment