For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Hold Me Closer

There's only one word to describe this book: G A Y.

I mean that in the best way possible. I mean one of the first songs in this musical novel is called "A Big Gay Baby". Which basically begins the start of Tiny Cooper's life.

So Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story is the musical companion novel to Will Grayson, Will Grayson, which I absolutely loved. The idea behind this book is that Tiny wrote a musical about all of the boys he's ever loved and all the boys he's lost. It deals with him trying to find his place in the world and trying to find someone to share it with.

Written in musical format, it goes through everything he's been through. From the beginning of his life to the end of his last relationship with his 18th boyfriend, Will Grayson. What I loved most about this was that the music numbers were so cheesy and fantastic. He even suggested a "homoerotic baseball scene" and compares it to "I Don't Dance" from High School Musical 2 and I was DYING as I pictured it.

So if you loved Will Grayson, Will Grayson, you're bound to love Hold Me Closer too!!

Looking for the rest of the series?

Looking for other books by David Levithan?

No comments:

Post a Comment