For readers around the globe. :)

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

How Y'all Doing?

"How yall doing?"
We can all hear that in Leslie Jordan's voice, right?
This catchphrase of his caught on during the height of the Coronavirus Pandemic. Leslie began posting short videos to his Instagram where he told quirky stories about his life. It honestly kept me laughing throughout the entire pandemic.

Leslie Jordan feels like he's been around forever. I recognized him from a couple things, like Will & Grace, American Horror Story, and The Help. I love that in all of these roles, his personality still shines through.

I've always kind of been obsessed with reading authors from the South, so when I got to the chapter titled The Mississippi Delta I knew I was in for a treat. He talks about how every time he goes somewhere new, he immerses himself in literature written about and set in that area. He got stuck with Mississippi, while I got stuck with Alabama. But I loved learning that lil tidbit about him and being able to relate to such a trivial thing.

Leslie Jordan has such a recognizable voice. It made How Y'all Doing? that much easier to read. Just under 200 pages of hilarious stories, lays a Leslie that I think he really wanted us to see and relate to. Somehow, someway, Covid is what brought us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment