For readers around the globe. :)

Monday, August 29, 2016

Can You Survive the Cabin?

Can you survive The Cabin?

Starting on August 30, Sourcebooks Fire will be releasing a series of questions every Tuesday and Thursday at different locations.

Here's how you can play:
1. Take a look at the schedule above.
2. Go to the location on the specified date.
3.Find The Cabin graphic with the question.
4. Solve the question.
5. Head here to submit your answer for that day's question.
6.Complete all 8 questions and be entered to win a $500 Visa gift card!! Sourcebooks Fire will also be drawing a winner each week who will win a Sourcebooks Fire book bundle!!
7. Make sure to submit all answers by September 25!
CAN YOU SURVIVE THE CABIN? IS NOW FINISHED.

I have also been provided with yet another excerpt from The Cabin to get you guys stoked about it's release!! 

Straightening his back, Blake walked around the double bed and gripped my arms. "Well, that sounds like a plan. I definitely don't want you feeling horrendous all day so...." He slid a hand down the bare skin of my arm until he reached my hand. With a little tug, he towed me out of the room and downstairs.
We stopped at the bottom of the wooden stairs to assess the damage. Bottles, shot glasses, and snack wrappers littered the coffee table and floor around it. There were most empty bottles of alcohol than I remembered. No wonder we felt rough.
Blake stood beside me, his chest pressed right up against my back and a hand on my hip. I liked the contact a lot.
"This explains the drilling in my head," he murmured, leaning down to nip my neck. Spinning around, I slapped his arm playfully, laughing. Bad move. My head throbbed with the quick movement, but Blake's boyish grin made my heart swell.
Another bad move. Don't get too involved with him. When we went home, Blake would be back off to his dad's, and who knew when I'd see him again. If ever.
 A door upstairs opened and closed. I stepped around Blake to watch Megan hobble down. She looked as good as I felt. "Kenzie?" she whispered. "I think I'm dying."
Laughing quietly, I replied, "You too, huh?"
"Bloody hell. How much did we drink? she muttered, leaning heavily on the banister as she made the final steps downstairs. She hadn't drunk much, but it was still more than she usually did.
"We're getting old," I joked. "We can't handle it anymore."
Kyle was sprawled out on the floor with his mouth wide open, breathing deeply, his jet-black hair stuck out in all directions like a bird's nest. Aaron was curled up beside him, sleeping in the fetal position. They clearly couldn't handle the amount of alcohol either. They were both in the same place Blake and I had left them last night.
Blake watched us with a curiosity I didn't quite understand. I had a feeling he didn't have many close friends, which was a shame, because beyond that I-don't-care attitude, he was a great guy. I thought- from what I'd seen, anyway.
"Where're Josh and Courtney?" Megan asked.
I shrugged. "I don't hear anyone else up, so maybe they're asleep still. God, Megan, I need asprin."
Kyle's eyes flicked open and widened as he saw how close Aaron was to him. I felt so rough I couldn't even laugh when he shoved him away, making Aaron wake with a gasp.
Aaron looked up, dazed. "What?" He rubbed his eyes and winced. "Christ!"
"I'm making tea. Everyone in?" I asked, receiving grunts in replace of a yes and a look of disgust from Blake. I smiled, remember what he's wanted before. "Coffee for you, Blake."
I walked into the kitchen; my head was swimming, and everything looked a little fuzzy. A sea of red flashed in front of my eyes. I blinked hard.
You're losing it.
Opening my eyes again, I stared at the floor. It took me a few moments to register what  I was seeing. Bright, thick blood stretched from the middle of the kitchen to what looked like behind the island.
I gasped. There was so much blood. My heart raced and the ends of my fingertips tingled. The metallic smell filled my lungs and made me gag. My body turned cold and started to shake. What....?
"Courtney?" I whispered, not even hearing my own voice over the ringing in my ears. 
Oh God, don't pass out Mackenzie.
Someone came up behind me. "What the..." Kyle whispered, stepping around me. "Shit. Stay back, Kenz."
Blake was right behind Kyle. "What's going on?" he asked,
Against Kyle's orders, I stepped around the kitchen island and my stomach lurched. "No," I cried, pressing my hand over my mouth as bile rose in my throat. Courtney and Josh lay on the floor in a pool of crimson blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment