For readers around the globe. :)

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Midnight Sun


It's here, it's finally here.

I have been waiting for this book for 12 YEARS.

At this particular moment, that would mean I have spent half of my life waiting for Midnight Sun.
 
So we all remember Twilight, obviously. We know Midnight Sun is supposed to just be Twilight but from Edward's perspective. It's safe to say we were all beyond ready to get inside Edward's head.

But my god, for a 100+ year old vampire, he sure as hell has the mindset of a possessive 17 year old boy.

But all toxicity aside, this was everything I could have ever hoped for.
This was a direct insight into the Cullen family. We got to see how they all worked together, the squabbles they had, and the amount of love they all had for themselves and specifically for Bella....well not Rosalie, but the rest of the Cullen Clan loved her. This felt like I was experiencing my first love all over again. The raw emotions were radiating off the pages and I was soaking it all in.

It was comical too.
I don't think it was meant to be, but sometimes listening to Edward's inner voice made me laugh hysterically. He's sitting there thinking Bella is absolutely terrified by him and repulsed by his skin and she's literally just sitting there like, "Dude, you're so pretty."

But the funniest Edward moment by far was when he calls Alice and says "Make sure Bella remembers to eat three times a day." Which I mean, cmon that's hilarious. She's been surviving as a human for the last 17 years, I think she can remember to feed herself. 

Anyway, I'm beyond content now that I have filled my teenage dream of reading Midnight Sun.

Looking for the rest of the series?

No comments:

Post a Comment