For readers around the globe. :)

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Tales of a Receding Hairline

Tales of a Receding Hairline is a collection of poems that show us the life of a guy that is truly down on his luck. This entire collection has a deep, deep south feel to it. While I was reading, I was imagining dive bars, trailer parks, the open plain, and the smell of moonshine. The old rock 'n' roll side definitely kicked in too! For someone who doesn't enjoy poetry, I thoroughly enjoyed this collection. I kept imagining them as songs, not to mention they rolled right off of the tongue (highly recommend reading them out loud). But one band stuck in my mind when reading, Old Crow Medicine Show. Each poem would sound absolutely amazing if performed by them. K.W. Peery does an amazing job of incorporating his songwriting skills into his poetry. Some of my favorites included Born to Trouble, Darkness, and Drifter! 
Ball is in your court now Peery, we need another collection!
Special thanks to K.W. Peery for sending me a copy of Tales of a Receding Hairline via Goodreads Giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment